Uncommonly is a creative agency based in Borough, London, whose clients include Rolls-Royce, Savills, Oetker Collection, The Ritz-Carlton, The Pig hotels and Goodwood. Our projects range from content creation (print, digital and social) to website design and build.
We are looking for a full-time picture researcher to work across all our projects. While the position will require working primarily within the digital arena, researching for print will also be part of the role.
The successful candidate is likely to have a relevant visual arts/photography degree, although this is not essential if you have good experience/picture research skills. A strong interest and knowledge of photography is key. You will need meticulous organisational ability and communication skills. Relevant experience is essential.
Duties will include
- Picture research – exploring all picture sources, including online image banks and stock photo libraries for use in both digital and print mediums
- CMS management – uploading images, building content, publishing when required
- Negotiating prices, terms and conditions of contracts
- Using specialist software i.e Photoshop for editing images.
- Working to agreed time-scales and budgets
- Determining and communicating project requirements
- Working with other professionals including writers, reporters, graphic designers and editors
- Building and maintaining computer archives of images and keeping accurate records of pictures
- Obtaining correct caption and credit information for all images
- Keeping up to date with regulations governing the use of images.
Key skills required
- Ability to use Photoshop is essential
- Experience of working with CMS platforms essential
- Experience with Indesign and other adobe creative cloud programs an advantage
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work in a proactive manner
- In-depth research skills essential
- Good language skills and enjoy working within a team
- Strong organisational skills are required
- Good negotiation and problem solving
- Communication/Presentation skills
The role is based a minimum of 3 days per week in the office near Borough, the remaining 2 days per week will either be working from home, or in the office, depending on business needs.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com