Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by helping the rapidly emergent plant curious consumer, by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >5 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021 and our launch into retail.
The plans for 2023 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious – growing the product range to serve a growing community, scaling our teams and expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse).. The allplants team is ready to scale their inclusive celebration of food to the next level and is looking for talent like you to join its journey.
We are looking to bring a Senior Creative Designer into the team who will be a key crafter of rich brand experiences, which in turn will continue to build our movement for the Plant Curious.
This role will report into the Head of Brand, it’s a permanent opportunity, with an annual salary of £38,000 – £48,000 [dependent on experience].
We’re on the hunt for a designer who is as versatile as the humble potato. Your design desk will see a broad range of projects from packaging, to campaigns, to developing thumb-stopping content. From social media to point of sale, and impact reports – there will be lots of different channels to flex your creative wizardry on.
In addition to tackling some of the big projects we also need someone who is happy to work on the little touches too, to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with our nimble (but mighty!) team. Your skills need to range from developing creative from ‘concept stage’ to tweaking and flexing current designs with one objective — to positively engage and impact our audience – there’s no vanilla marketing around here.
We have a strong visual identity already in hand, and we are looking for someone who sees the freedom in the framework and can help us take that visual storytelling to new and exciting places.
What you’ll be doing
- Consistently coming up with original, creative ideas and taking them from scamp to delivery. Bringing bold ideas for allplants to cut through and reach the Plant Curious
- Designing, developing and executing both large and small creative briefs to a high standard
- Applying a social-first approach to campaign roll out, understanding the nuance of the different platforms and presenting commercial content solutions which are platform-led
- Planning, producing and directing photo shoots with in house team and freelance support when needed
- Presenting your work and ideas to key stakeholders with clear commercial application and rationale
- Take responsibility for guardianship of our guidelines and how they are applied across all customer touch points, working with peers in marketing, product and content to ensure they are used effectively
Who you are
- You are creatively curious, tuned into the happenings of the cultural world and able to apply them to the brand task at hand
- You’re brimming with energy and a creative mind
- You have a love for brand storytelling and an ability to bring that to life in an engaging way
- You have your finger on the pulse of media & culture; with an awareness of visual trends and the language used on social media
- You have a roll up your sleeves & get involved mindset, we are a small team, and we want someone to get stuck in with us
- The ability to give and receive feedback, understanding the need for it in strong creative practice
- A passionate self- starter who is keen to make their creative mark on a dynamic young business
What you’ll need*
- Previous design experience, ideally in a busy agency or high growth startup
- A varied portfolio of design, with examples across print and digital, from ad layouts – that shows your creative genius to more copy-heavy print materials. You are happy to maintain this integrated approach in your next role and enjoy multidisciplinary working.
- To be proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and basic video editing software
- To be capable in, or keen to develop a wider skill-set including AfterEffects and Premiere
- Experience and/or an interest in designing wireframes & product features would be a nice to have but by no means essential
- To have compatibility with hybrid working – spending 3 days wfh and 2 regular days a week at our home in Blackhorse Road (and the flexibility to be in for more days on occasions when we have shoots)
*There’s quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 plus an additional day off for your birthday!
🧠 Mental Health cover with Spill
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼 Parental leave: 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
🌱 50% off at allplants.com
🕺 Regular socials. We love a good party.
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.