UX Designer Role Profile
hush is an ambitious and distinctive fashion brand, with plans to double the business over the next few years. Founded 20 years ago, we are now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 8 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry, hush has continued grow – and our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic. We love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
As a UX Designer at hush, you will play a crucial role in shaping the design and usability of our digital products/services. Your expertise will contribute to the entire product development lifecycle, from initial concept to final implementation, ensuring that our solutions are not only visually appealing but also highly functional and user-friendly. By empathizing with our users and collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will drive the creation of seamless and enjoyable interactions that align with our business goals.
This role sits within our e-Commerce Team with a key focus on collaboration across many functions including the Creative and Technology teams. This role is integral to delivering UX concepts which improve the customer journey across our e-Commerce site incorporating brand guidelines and producing technical specifications for the Technology team to implement. As such to be successful in this role you will have a great knowledge of UX as well as a good understanding of web design. Experience in CSS / HTML would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Senior UX & Optimisation Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with technology team and other stakeholders to understand project goals, user needs, and business objectives.
- Conduct user research, including interviews, surveys, and usability testing, to gather insights that inform design decisions, working closely with the Optimisation Manager to ensure a frictionless customer journey.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and interactive mockups that effectively communicate your design ideas and user flows.
- Design user interfaces that balance aesthetics and brand identity with usability, considering factors such as accessibility, responsiveness, and intuitive navigation.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, user testing, and ongoing research, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Maintain a strong awareness of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to influence design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with the Development team to ensure successful implementation of designs, addressing any challenges that arise during the development process.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles throughout the organization, educating team members on the value of UX and usability.
- Work with Creative team and contribute to design guidelines and patterns that promote consistency and a cohesive user experience across our digital products.
- Experience in working for fashion brands – preferably with exposure to UK and US markets.
- Breadth of experience as a UX Designer or similar role with expertise in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of projects that demonstrate your design process, problem-solving skills, and the impact of your work.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or similar software.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles and best practices for creating intuitive, accessible, and responsive digital experiences.
- Experience with user research methodologies, including user interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to present and explain design decisions to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Familiarity with front-end development concepts and limitations is a plus.
- An operating mindset, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, manage complexity and drive results.
- Low ego; a can do, sleeves rolled up attitude
We are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do.