Senior Graphic Designer Role Profile
Hush is an ambitious and distinctive fashion brand, with plans to double the business over the next few years. Founded 20 years ago, we are now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 8 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry, hush has continued grow – and our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic. We love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer with both print and digital experience to join the Creative team at hush. The Senior Graphic Designer plays a vital role in driving hush’s brand identity and visual design. They will act as a brand guardian ensuring all creative standards are met with meticulous attention to detail and always looking to refine our processes.
Working collaboratively with the Lead Creative and Senior Artworker, you will roll out themes and seasonal updates across all channels. You will be guided by our Creative Project Manager on task priorities and channel briefs but should have excellent organisational skills of your own.
This senior role will help guide and mentor other members of the team and the successful candidate should have exceptional communication skills.
- Lead and support both small and large scale creative projects
- Ensure projects are creatively coherent and meet standards defined by the Chief Creative Officer and Lead Creative
- Work with Lead Creative in response to brand briefs and seasonal refreshes
- Define and develop motion graphics and video content to support our social strategy
- Work collaboratively with Senior Artworker ensuring projects are delivered and meet creative requirements
- Support the Creative team on all BAU and developing BAU templates when required
- Work on a variable scale of projects to produce attractive and effective designs across print, digital and social projects
- Stay close to Creative Project Manager to discuss upcoming content, briefs, launches and provide updates on current project progress
- From time to time construct and deliver presentations to internal and external teams
- An experienced designer able to demonstrate this skill set across all print, digital and moving image formats
- Previous in-house experience is essential
- Excellent typography and layout skills and an eye for art direction
- Proficient with full Adobe Creative suite
- Familiar and comfortable working with a CMS
- Calm and collaborative, can-do approach in the work environment
- A self-starter who thrives when it comes to working collaboratively
- Leverages excellent communication skills, a confident presenter
- You will have worked in high pressure, fast-paced environments and should therefore be comfortable working reactively / across multiple projects
- Interested and inspired by all things creative and up to date with industry trends
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in a similar role within fashion environment
We are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do.