Don’t sit in meetings for a mission you don’t care about. Build tools to learn faster at Grasp.
The mission of Grasp is to increase the rate at which humans learn. A decade from now, Grasp will be able to take anyone from novice to mastery, in any field, ASAP. We will be the centre of learning.
We’ve raised $4M+ from top tier investors including Balderton, Point9, and Mozilla! Our founders are Ed Matthews and Jacob Sidorov, who built Revolut’s trading desk together, and are both avid self-learners.
Grasp is also a member of Makerversity, a pioneering community of over 350 world-leading entrepreneurs, creators and innovators.
Find out what users need and give it to them.
We are looking for a skilful product designer who actively wants to join a startup (read: intra-day iteration, large responsibility, high uncertainty, lots of fun!)
You will be responsible for creating a high output design function which drives product at Grasp. This function will initially just be composed of yourself, reporting directly to the cofounders, and interacting directly with engineers and users.
The remit is broad. Everything from product-level (e.g. GTM, business models, JTBD definitions, brand) all the way down to low-level interface changes (e.g. on-hover effects, corner sharpness, gradient selection), with UX consideration and a minimum viable design system between. Your north star is product-market-fit. If you need to understand something, you’ll often need to work it out yourself (e.g. don’t feel familiar with the user, go talk to one!) We are intentionally a lean outfit to facilitate learning through osmosis.
This is a hybrid office position requiring you to be in London regularly.
- have an excellent 10+ year track-record of designing user interfaces for products that were shipped.
- have built or scaled design systems before (we don’t expect you to be a full-time “design system designer”, but you will be responsible for this area).
- are comfortable conducting user research at a startup, especially user interviews.
- have a history of clearly communicating concepts and designs via sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- are abreast of both fashion and best practices when it comes to human interface design.
- are skilled in service design, capable of running discovery and ideation workshops for a multidisciplinary team.
- are comfortable making decisions and taking responsibility for them, whatever the outcome.
- have great communication skills (concise updates, high openness, good collaborator).
- are comfortable giving and receiving candid feedback.
- have excellent self-organisation skills.
- love learning and wish you could do it faster.
Nice to Have
- have designed products which enhance environments (e.g. browser extensions, HUDs, smart glasses, self-driving vehicle interfaces).
- have experience designing products which incorporate direct user interaction with large language models.
- are proficient with any part of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Python, SQL (Postgres).
- have been deeply involved in a successful branding exercise.
- Invested: A mission you care about. A stock option plan designed for long term alignment.
- Compensated: Reasonable base salary. Breakfast/dinner when at the office.
- Tools: New Macbook Pro ? Herman Miller chair ? Just let us know what you need to be productive.
- In flow: Short feedback loops, ultra-aligned team, direct user contact, no wasteful meetings or politics.