London / Remote
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. This role is part remote: hybrid working 3 days per week.
The team will sit within our dynamic and award-winning Global Marketing and Communications team, supporting communications across our global offices. The Creative, Production and Publishing team will work across projects that deliver consistent and effective brand communication for Schroders globally that is digital and video first in approach.
What you’ll do
This is a pivotal role within the team; working closely with the head of the team, you will implement the creative direction and lead on motion design and video projects to deliver outstanding results that push boundaries and provide engaging and effective assets for the company.
You will be a highly creative motion designer – you’ll need to demonstrate a high level of design skills across a wide range of video, motion, and animation assets, from concept to delivery.
You will need to be a strong team player, who can work with a small team of designers to provide creative solutions. You will be able to lead on project delivery internally and with external agencies. You will also work closely with stakeholders during the creative process and be an effective communicator.
Other responsibilities of this role
- Deliver high quality creative concepts across motion design and video
- Advanced knowledge of the motion design and post production video processes
- Excellent storyboarding skills
- Managing post-production including editing, grading, sound and music
- Excellent knowledge of brand and communication design
- Work closely with the Head of Creative to develop the creative direction on projects
- Experience of working with external agencies to develop motion graphics and video
- The ability to produce creative concepts working within brand guidelines
- Work closely with a small team of designers to push creative boundaries
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Confident at storyboarding
- Several years of post-production experience
- Experience in successfully leading motion design and video projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to produce high quality results in tight timeframes
- Advanced knowledge of motion graphic design – Adobe After Effects, Premier Pro, Photoshop
What you’re like
- You thrive in a challenging environment of bringing a brand to life and the reward of how creative design can lead business growth
- You have experience working collaboratively across multiple departments
- You bring energy, drive and enthusiasm to the team with a can-do attitude
- Be highly organised, with a sensible approach to tight deadlines
- Be proactive in your approach, anticipating challenges before a project is started
- Share ideas and bring innovation for us to learn and grow
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.