As Creative Director, you will have overall accountability in leading the Beauty Bay Creative Team & creative strategy with the vision to create & produce content that’s of high quality, on brand & on brief. With a passion for Creative, you’re excited & knowledgeable about the Creative industry & you inspire those around you. You’re conceptual & have the ability to create, developer & deliver campaigns from insight.
As Creative Director, you’ll be commercially minded & lead collaboration sessions with wider teams in a way that elevates the perception of Creative & Studio across Beauty Bay whilst ensuring that you continually strive to work & live by Beauty Bay values.
You will work with global beauty brands & have access to product samples & attend brand-led training sessions for an exclusive insider view. This knowledge is applied to produce top-quality, informative campaigns in order to give our customers a best-in-class digital shopping experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the NPD, Trade & Creative Teams to ensure product information is up-to-date & accurately reflects the product seen in imagery.
- Be proactive in Brand, Product, Trend & competitor research.
- Become a guardian for our tone of voice & an expert in Beauty brands & categories.
- Contributing to cross-platform campaign content ideation & messaging generation.
- Oversee all creative projects & output across the Creative & Studio Teams.
- Direct creative campaigns from concept through to execution in collaboration with Brand, Marketing, Production & Art-working.
- Ensure all of the work created by the Creative Team is idea driven, best in class, on brand, on brief, on strategy & meets deadlines.
- Create strong relationships with Beauty Bay 3rd party partners & brand partners.
- Asses the strengths & weaknesses of your team & work with them on their development.
- Roll-out guidelines & comms to Brand & Marketing Teams as & when required.
- Accountability for reviewing & approving of all creative projects & campaigns.
- Push the Creative & Studio Teams to develop best in class & innovative creative campaigns.
- Work to solve any creative or production problems including the performance of Creative Team.
- Provide creative support & constructive feedback regularly to all team members to aid development.
- Understand Beauty Bay business objectives & have the ability to explain how the creative campaigns link to these objectives & drive growth.
- Lead pitches & ensure all responses are commercially focussed, strategically sound & have a cohesive creative vision.
- Look for areas that can be improved such as creative, workflow, stakeholder management.
- Be collaborative & build strong relationships & be a role model for the Creative & Studio Teams.
- Work smarter through workflow, process, efficiency & time management of yourself & your teams.
- Manage, empower & mentor your direct reports through regular communication and 1-2-1’s.
- Act as the main point of contact for all elements of Creative & Studio.
Skills/Experience & Knowledge Required:
- 5+ years’ experience within a Creative, Studio & leadership role is essential.
- Excellent portfolio of campaign work that you have handled from concept to delivery.
- Broad range of experience across Digital, Web, Social & Campaign is essential.
- Strong leadership & management experience is essential with the experience of growing, developing managing a Creative & Studio Team.
- Hands-on design background with an involved & collaborative approach to working.
- The ability to work across a number of projects at one time & have the ability to pivot & change priority/focus to ensure business needs are met.
- Proven stakeholder management skills at all levels from SLT to Heads Of & Senior Managers.
- Experience of managing & leading a Creative Team & ability to conduct performance & development reviews to ensure the continued development of team members.
- Ability to establish & maintain working relationships with both internal & external colleagues/partners.
- Commercially minded.